Tuesday 5 June 2007

Evaluation

At the start of this project I felt confodent and happy with the brief. I also felt that I would hopefully learn alot from this unit as it is something I am already interested in.

At the start of the unit i learnt a lot about the coding of websites that i did not already know. The main thing I learnt and was very interested in was the SEO ( Search Engine Optimisation ) Theres was alots of things about this that I did not know. The main thing I found from this was that you shouldnt just put your company name in the title but also what the page is about as this also helps the search engine. I also learnt about H1 tags or Heading 1 tags I did not realise these made such a differnce.

Once we started to look at the layout of websites and how to use different objects such as layers and tables I felt we could have looked a bit more into things. This was just a personal thought as I already knew these objects I felt we could have learnt alittle more about controlling these objects with code. This didn't effect me thought because I learnt these things by myself when people were learning about the layers.

Once i got stuck into making my website I came across alot of problems. At first I wanted to keep it to the same size as the last briefs size but I soon found this was hard as it was so small. I soon over came this by changeing the size and the layout of the page but keeping the same ideas. I felt the main thing with the layout i could have improved was the use of space. I feel that i could have made better use of some of the space. If i had done this again i would have changed how i displayed the album art work next to the album names and also on the home page would have made better use of the offers space. I also tried to encorporate things that I had found in my research and in the lesson tutorials into my site. This meant just picking up on little things that i found made a good website and also about SEO.

Overall I was really happy with my finished product and feel pleases as i have learnt alot of new things such as external css. I am mainly pleased as i feel i have produced a professional looking website that shows my skills. If i had alittle more time and hadn't have add some of the problems i did with the site layout i would have liked to add more SEO objects into the site like meta tags , keywords and H1 tags. There is only a few mainor things I would change but these arnt anything magor that i am worring about.

No comments: